NEW! Residential EV Level 2 Smart Charger Incentive
Board Approved May 17, 2018
The purpose of the program is to educate Tanner Electric Cooperative (TEC) members regarding electric vehicles and available charging station options, provide a $250 incentive to acquire and install a Residential Electric Vehicle Level 2 Smart Charger, and to operate the charging station in a manner that meets the members needs while minimizing the impacts to the TEC distribution system.
Multiple car manufacturers are projecting to sell long-range electric cars in the $30,000 range by 2020. Other car companies and tech companies are investing billions to catch up. Nearly all projections show EV sales dramatically increasing in the 2020’s. The TEC Residential Electric Vehicle Charger Incentive program is designed to provide an incentive to purchase and install a residential Level 2 Smart Charger that operates only during hours TEC has designated. Looking ahead to the future, building a relationship with members who install EV charging stations also allows TEC the option of implementing a demand response program with the EV on its system.
The following are requirements to be eligible for the incentive:
- Be a TEC member that owns and receives electrical service at the dwelling in which the equipment will be installed.
- Purchase and install a residential Level 2 (240-volt) smart charging station for your all-electric vehicle (hybrid vehicles do not qualify).
- Set the charging delay to a time determined by TEC (such as 10 p.m.).
- Allow TEC to perform final inspection.
- Following final site inspection and approval of the paper work, TEC shall process an incentive payment of $250 to you, the member.
DURATION OF PROGRAM:
The availability of this program will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Board of Directors.
Upon the final visual inspection by TEC, an incentive payment of $250.00 will be processed and delivered to the member by mail