COVID-19 Response- Press Release by CEO- Steven Walter
For Immediate Release:
March 16, 2020
Tanner Electric Cooperative Offices Will Close to the Public March 16, Take Precautions to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
North Bend Wash., -- In response to recent reports regarding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Tanner Electric Cooperative will close its North Bend and Anderson Island office and community rooms to the public effective Monday March 16, 2020, until further notice. The safety of our employees, members and community remains our highest priority.
Tanner Electric personnel will continue to be accessible by calling, Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. All departments will continue operating to maintain services and restore any outages that may occur during the office closure. Power outages can be reported by calling 800-472-0208 or 425-888-0623 and through SmartHub.
“I know that the quality of life of our members is being impacted by the Coronavirus,” says Tanner Electric Cooperative CEO Steven Walter, “We take our responsibility seriously to provide our communities with the best electric service possible”
Tanner Electric encourages members to use the cooperative’s self-service payment options that can be activated from the comfort of home to avoid person-to-person interactions. These include AutoPay, pay-by-phone and SmartHub, our online payment portal. Visit tannerelectric.coop for payment options. Tanner Electric employees are ready to help choose the best payment option for you.
As reports of the coronavirus continue, Tanner Electric is monitoring the threat and taking precautions to prevent the spread of the virus to our employees, members and the community. Tanner Electric remains committed to maintaining operations to best serve its members.
Tanner Electric appreciates members’ patience and understanding during this difficult situation.
Should Tanner Electric take additional action to protect our employees and members, Tanner Electric will notify members via social media, namely Twitter, by email and by posting information on our website.
“Until the risk of the COVID-19 virus threat is mitigated we apologize for not offering the high level of face to face service you have grown to expect.”
Tanner Electric employees have been instructed to take extra precautions including washing hands more frequently, using hand sanitizer and limiting business travel. Employees have also been instructed to remain at home and notify Tanner Electric if they feel ill.
At this time, it is recommended that everyone follow CDC recommendations such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after having been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put at least six feet of distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community
- Stay home if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks
For more information about the coronavirus and preventing the spread of germs, refer to the recommendations of the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html.